Officers who team with working dogs face daily risks to their lives. These dogs have been punched, stabbed, poisoned and shot by fleeing suspects. Those who work in Search & Rescue, Tracking, Apprehension and Explosive Detection teams have an increased risk of injury due to extreme environmental conditions, poisoning, or explosion.
The H&H K-9 Trauma Kit is designed to enable handlers to provide lifesaving treatment to injured canines at the point of injury or when veterinary care is not immediately available. The H&H K-9 Trauma Kit puts the essential trauma response products for you and your working dog within easy reach. Designed to be carried on the belt or in a MOLLE, the kit's contents represent the best in essential, immediate care for life-threatening injuries. Designed for all weather and all elements. the H&H K-9 Trauma Kit is light, compact, and ready for use.
Each H&H K-9 Trauma Kit is packed in a durable red cordura nylon pouch for easy visibility. Each contains one of the following:
- SWAT-T Orange Tourniquet, perfect for use with adults, children, and on canine. Designed to work as a tourniquet and as a compression dressing.
- H&H Compressed Gauze, made from high-grade crinkle fluff cotton gauze for wound packing and wound wrapping.
- H&H Mini Compression Bandage, our smallest but fully functioning compression bandage with an absorbent 4" x 6" ABD pad.
- H&H Hypothermia Blanket, large enough to wrap your working dog or yourself to reduce shock and remain warm.
- H&H DualSeal Chest Seal two-pack, our proven hydrogel chest seals in a smaller twin pack to seal two wounds.
- Red Klever Kutter safety cutter to cut away string, rope, or debris from a wound.
- A pair of Nilrile Gloves to protect the handler while treating your working dog.
The kit comes pre-packed and sealed, ready for deployment.